Triple Berry Crisp
2 cups of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
½ cup of uncooked rolled oats
4 tsp. pure maple syrup
Dash of cinnamon, pink sea salt, and vanilla extract
Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a small oven-safe dish with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Wash berries and place in the bottom of your dish.
- Mix oats and remaining ingredients until combined.
- Spread on top of the berries and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it come to room temp before serving.
Note: You could also add chopped nuts to the oat mixture for a Blue container!! Top with some plain greek yogurt for a little protein!
I’ve been branching out and trying new foods lately. I’ve been a lifelong fungi hater. But, strangely I’ve always wanted to like them. I’ve tried and failed, many times. But, this one is a winner!
I chose to use Portobellos because they have a nice, meaty texture and don’t feel slimy like other mushrooms. I wanted something substantial enough to pass for a meal. I was also craving something gooey and cheesy without loading up on calories and fat. This was the perfect way to indulge but still stick with my 21 Day Fix eating plan.
I hope you like it!
Roasted Portobellos stuffed with Cheesy Rosemary Quinoa
2 large Portobello mushroom caps
1 cup of cooked Quinoa – I used Tricolor
3/4 cup of plain Greek Yogurt
2/3 cup of shredded provolone cheese (or mild cheese of your choice)
1/2 onion, sliced thin
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried sage
1 garlic clove, minced.
Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the stems from your mushrooms and wipe the outside of the caps with a damp paper towel.
- Place caps on a foil lined baking sheet, gill side up. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle a little sea salt and pepper.
- Roast the mushrooms for 7-8 minutes.
- In a large pan, saute the garlic and onions until cooked through.
- Add rosemary, sage, quinoa, and yogurt to the pan and stir until well mixed. If it’s a bit on the thick side, add a splash of liquid (almond milk, water, or vegetable stock would work great). Heat on medium until the mixture is hot all the way through.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven and set aside. Leave the oven on.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese, reserving just a pinch to melt on top.
- Divide quinoa mixture in half. Top each mushroom with quinoa and a sprinkle of cheese. Pop into the oven and bake until cheese is melted. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
1 Mushroom per serving | Serves 2
Italian Turkey Meatballs
1 pkg. extra lean ground turkey
1 egg white, whisked
3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
¼ cup organic marinara sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. pink sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix really well with your hands.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Mixture is too wet to form balls right away.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into 1 inch balls.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Cook a few meatballs at a time being careful not to crowd pan.
Suggestions: Serve over baked spaghetti squash with organic marinara and a sprinkle of cheese! Yumm-o!
6 Meatballs per serving | Serves 4
Before I give you this recipe, I’d just like to tell you that I thought the whole cold oatmeal yogurt thing sounded extremely off-putting. They have grown in popularity and I seem to see them pop up on pinterest every time I log on. I decided to try a recipe so I could finally give them a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Well…. I’m sorry, Overnight Oats… I’m so sorry I judged you! You are more delicious than I ever imagined!
1 Blue container UNCOOKED rolled oats
1 Blue container unsweetened almond milk
1 Red container plain 0% greek yogurt
1/2 Purple container frozen berries of your choice! I’m partial to blueberries or raspberries.
1 tsp honey
- In a container (Mason jars work well) add your dry oats and almond milk. Stir.
- Top with greek yogurt, honey, and berries.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold. Stir before eating!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos – 21 Day Fix Style!
1 Red container chopped chicken breast
1 Green container sauteed onions & chopped tomatoes
2 Corn tortillas cut into wedges and baked until crispy
1/4 Blue container shredded pepperjack cheese
3/4 Blue container diced avocado – I used about 1/4 of a small avocado
2T hot sauce
Drizzle of “Ranch” dressing (Greek yogurt mixed with ranch spices – I used this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut tortillas into wedges. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Spritz a little bit of coconut oil into a pan and sautee the onions until completely cooked through.
- Coat chicken in hot sauce.
- Dice tomatoes and avocado, set aside.
- Remove chips from oven and top with chicken, cheese and onions. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Add tomatoes avocado.
- Drizzle ranch dressing on top.
Alternate Method – 10 Minute Nachos
1 Red container of chopped rotisserie chicken (prep item)
2 corn tortillas – cut into wedges and baked until crispy
1 Red container of chopped tomatoes and lettuce (prep items)
Sauteed onion (prep item)
2T mexican style hot sauce – I use Cholula
1/4 to 1/2 diced avocado – Depends on size. Enough to fill 1 Blue container.
1-2T of 0% plain greek yogurt
- While tortilla chips are baking, coat your chicken in hot sauce and microwave until hot.
- Once chips are done, top with chicken, onions, tomato, lettuce, avocado.
- For good measure add a dollop of greek yogurt and some extra hot sauce.