- 1 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 medium stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 1 dash group cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
I’ve been branching out and trying new foods lately. I’ve been a lifelong fungi hater. But, strangely I’ve always wanted to like them. I’ve tried and failed, many times. But, this one is a winner!
I chose to use Portobellos because they have a nice, meaty texture and don’t feel slimy like other mushrooms. I wanted something substantial enough to pass for a meal. I was also craving something gooey and cheesy without loading up on calories and fat. This was the perfect way to indulge but still stick with my 21 Day Fix eating plan.
I hope you like it!
Roasted Portobellos stuffed with Cheesy Rosemary Quinoa
2 large Portobello mushroom caps
1 cup of cooked Quinoa – I used Tricolor
3/4 cup of plain Greek Yogurt
2/3 cup of shredded provolone cheese (or mild cheese of your choice)
1/2 onion, sliced thin
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried sage
1 garlic clove, minced.
Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the stems from your mushrooms and wipe the outside of the caps with a damp paper towel.
- Place caps on a foil lined baking sheet, gill side up. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle a little sea salt and pepper.
- Roast the mushrooms for 7-8 minutes.
- In a large pan, saute the garlic and onions until cooked through.
- Add rosemary, sage, quinoa, and yogurt to the pan and stir until well mixed. If it’s a bit on the thick side, add a splash of liquid (almond milk, water, or vegetable stock would work great). Heat on medium until the mixture is hot all the way through.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven and set aside. Leave the oven on.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese, reserving just a pinch to melt on top.
- Divide quinoa mixture in half. Top each mushroom with quinoa and a sprinkle of cheese. Pop into the oven and bake until cheese is melted. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
1 Mushroom per serving | Serves 2