Makes 1 serving!
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 medium stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 1 dash group cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery, onion, bell pepper, paprika, cumin, and turmeric; cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until tender. Add quinoa, lentils, lemon peel, lemon juice, and parsley to cooked vegetables; heat over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Fluff with fork and serve.
Note: I passed on the turmeric and red peppers, but I added chili powder instead. I also omitted the lemon peel.