I am on a big breakfast for dinner kick lately! I could eat breakfast any time of day. How about you?? Check out this healthy and delicious twist on stuffed french toast!
Stuffed French Toast – 21 Day Fix approved!
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract (1 for french toast + 1 for ricotta mixture)
2 slices whole wheat bread
1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
2 tsp honey or agave
4 strawberries, sliced
Pure maple syrup
Coconut oil spray
- Mix egg, milk, cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Dip bread into egg, coating both sides.
- Spray a pan with coconut oil and cook french toast until crisp on both sides.
- Meanwhile, stir ricotta, vanilla, and honey until mixed well. Set aside.
- On a plate, layer 1 piece of french toast, strawberries, and ricotta. Top with second piece of french toast and any remaining strawberries. Drizzle with a little maple syrup.
- Stuff your face!!