Meal Prep Hack #2 aka 20 Super Quick Sheet Pan Meals.
Hi there! I’m super excited to share my latest post in a new series all about no-nonsense meal prep. Do the words “meal prep” sound intimidating? I feel you! It used to scare me until I realized that it is the BEST way to set myself up for a great week without spending hours in the kitchen. I’ve gathered 20 different recipes you can make in a flash using a sheet pan. Less dishes equals more time to do the things you love!
Continue reading “Meal Prep Hack #2: Sheet Pan Meals”
Struggling with how you should prepare your meals for the week? You’re in the right place! My beginner’s guide to meal prep will remove all of the guess work and give you tons of ideas! Continue reading “Beginner’s Guide to Meal Prep!”
Simple Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
8 whole wheat lasagna noodles
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups fat free ricotta cheese
4 cups baby spinach leaves, fresh is best!
1 Tbsp EVOO
Basil & Oregano to taste
2 cups organic marinara sauce
- Boil lasagna noodles according to directions. Carefully remove from water and lay flat.
- In a skillet, heat evoo and cook garlic until tender. Add spinach and sautee until cooked down. Remove from heat and stir in ricotta and herbs.
- Divide ricotta mixture into 8 equal portions. Spread the ricotta onto each noodle in an even layer. Carefully roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish. Cover each roll up with marinara sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Notes: Add grated mozzarella cheese before baking, if desired. You could also add shredded chicken or ground beef to this!
Serves 4 | Serving size: 2 Roll Ups
Baked Chicken Fajitas
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds), sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium onions, sliced
3 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
2 Tbsp or 1 packet of salt-free taco seasoning
1 Tbsp EVOO
1/2 small lime
- Cut chicken, onions, and peppers into strips. Mince garlic cloves.
- Add chicken, peppers, onions, and garlic to a baking dish. Drizzle with EVOO and taco seasoning. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Give everything a good toss about 15 minutes into cooking. Squeeze lime over fajitas before serving.
Notes: Serve on corn tortillas, over rice, or on a salad! Very versatile!
I’ve been branching out and trying new foods lately. I’ve been a lifelong fungi hater. But, strangely I’ve always wanted to like them. I’ve tried and failed, many times. But, this one is a winner!
I chose to use Portobellos because they have a nice, meaty texture and don’t feel slimy like other mushrooms. I wanted something substantial enough to pass for a meal. I was also craving something gooey and cheesy without loading up on calories and fat. This was the perfect way to indulge but still stick with my 21 Day Fix eating plan.
I hope you like it!
Roasted Portobellos stuffed with Cheesy Rosemary Quinoa
2 large Portobello mushroom caps
1 cup of cooked Quinoa – I used Tricolor
3/4 cup of plain Greek Yogurt
2/3 cup of shredded provolone cheese (or mild cheese of your choice)
1/2 onion, sliced thin
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried sage
1 garlic clove, minced.
Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the stems from your mushrooms and wipe the outside of the caps with a damp paper towel.
- Place caps on a foil lined baking sheet, gill side up. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle a little sea salt and pepper.
- Roast the mushrooms for 7-8 minutes.
- In a large pan, saute the garlic and onions until cooked through.
- Add rosemary, sage, quinoa, and yogurt to the pan and stir until well mixed. If it’s a bit on the thick side, add a splash of liquid (almond milk, water, or vegetable stock would work great). Heat on medium until the mixture is hot all the way through.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven and set aside. Leave the oven on.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese, reserving just a pinch to melt on top.
- Divide quinoa mixture in half. Top each mushroom with quinoa and a sprinkle of cheese. Pop into the oven and bake until cheese is melted. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
1 Mushroom per serving | Serves 2
Italian Turkey Meatballs
1 pkg. extra lean ground turkey
1 egg white, whisked
3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
¼ cup organic marinara sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. pink sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix really well with your hands.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Mixture is too wet to form balls right away.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into 1 inch balls.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Cook a few meatballs at a time being careful not to crowd pan.
Suggestions: Serve over baked spaghetti squash with organic marinara and a sprinkle of cheese! Yumm-o!
6 Meatballs per serving | Serves 4
Buffalo Chicken Nachos – 21 Day Fix Style!
1 Red container chopped chicken breast
1 Green container sauteed onions & chopped tomatoes
2 Corn tortillas cut into wedges and baked until crispy
1/4 Blue container shredded pepperjack cheese
3/4 Blue container diced avocado – I used about 1/4 of a small avocado
2T hot sauce
Drizzle of “Ranch” dressing (Greek yogurt mixed with ranch spices – I used this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut tortillas into wedges. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Spritz a little bit of coconut oil into a pan and sautee the onions until completely cooked through.
- Coat chicken in hot sauce.
- Dice tomatoes and avocado, set aside.
- Remove chips from oven and top with chicken, cheese and onions. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Add tomatoes avocado.
- Drizzle ranch dressing on top.
Alternate Method – 10 Minute Nachos
1 Red container of chopped rotisserie chicken (prep item)
2 corn tortillas – cut into wedges and baked until crispy
1 Red container of chopped tomatoes and lettuce (prep items)
Sauteed onion (prep item)
2T mexican style hot sauce – I use Cholula
1/4 to 1/2 diced avocado – Depends on size. Enough to fill 1 Blue container.
1-2T of 0% plain greek yogurt
- While tortilla chips are baking, coat your chicken in hot sauce and microwave until hot.
- Once chips are done, top with chicken, onions, tomato, lettuce, avocado.
- For good measure add a dollop of greek yogurt and some extra hot sauce.