Meal Prep Hack #2 aka 20 Super Quick Sheet Pan Meals.
Hi there! I’m super excited to share my latest post in a new series all about no-nonsense meal prep. Do the words “meal prep” sound intimidating? I feel you! It used to scare me until I realized that it is the BEST way to set myself up for a great week without spending hours in the kitchen. I’ve gathered 20 different recipes you can make in a flash using a sheet pan. Less dishes equals more time to do the things you love!
Continue reading “Meal Prep Hack #2: Sheet Pan Meals”
Meal Prep Hack #1 aka 20 Ways To Use Rotisserie Chicken.
Hi there! I’m working on a new series all about no-nonsense meal prep and I’m super excited to share it with you! Many people find the idea of meal prep very intimidating. Ever wonder how you can set yourself up for a great week without spending hours in the kitchen? You’re in the right place! I’ve gathered 20 different recipes you can make in a flash using rotisserie chicken. Continue reading “Meal Prep Hack #1: Rotisserie Chicken”
SOUTHWEST STUFFED PEPPERS
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
2 cups cooked brown rice
5 medium bell peppers
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp EVOO
5 cups diced chicken (rotisserie works well)
Low sodium taco seasoning
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
Greek yogurt, optional
Mexican style hot sauce, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place peppers skin side down in a large baking dish, set aside. In a skillet, cook onion in EVOO. Add Rotel, black beans, corn, chicken, rice and taco seasoning. Stir to combine and simmer until everything is hot. Fill each pepper with an equal amount of stuffing. Cover lightly with foil. Bake for 35 minutes or until peppers are tender, remove foil. If desired, top each pepper evenly with cheese. Bake for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Top with greek yogurt and hot sauce, if desired.
*Portion Fix container counts – 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 ½ Yellow per 1 whole pepper.
CHICKEN & SPINACH FLATBREAD PIZZA
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 FlatOut flatbread
1 cup Rotisserie chicken breast, no skin
1 tsp. Olive oil
1 tsp. Basil pesto
1/2 tsp fresh garlic
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Bake flatbread alone at 400 for 5-7 mins to get crispy. Drizzle olive oil and spread pesto onto flatbread. Top with chicken, spinach, garlic, and cheese. Bake another 3-5 mins to melt cheese.
*Portion Fix container counts – 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Green, 1 tsp.
**Pictured without chicken and equally delicious!
Baked Chicken Fajitas
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds), sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium onions, sliced
3 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
2 Tbsp or 1 packet of salt-free taco seasoning
1 Tbsp EVOO
1/2 small lime
- Cut chicken, onions, and peppers into strips. Mince garlic cloves.
- Add chicken, peppers, onions, and garlic to a baking dish. Drizzle with EVOO and taco seasoning. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Give everything a good toss about 15 minutes into cooking. Squeeze lime over fajitas before serving.
Notes: Serve on corn tortillas, over rice, or on a salad! Very versatile!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos – 21 Day Fix Style!
1 Red container chopped chicken breast
1 Green container sauteed onions & chopped tomatoes
2 Corn tortillas cut into wedges and baked until crispy
1/4 Blue container shredded pepperjack cheese
3/4 Blue container diced avocado – I used about 1/4 of a small avocado
2T hot sauce
Drizzle of “Ranch” dressing (Greek yogurt mixed with ranch spices – I used this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut tortillas into wedges. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Spritz a little bit of coconut oil into a pan and sautee the onions until completely cooked through.
- Coat chicken in hot sauce.
- Dice tomatoes and avocado, set aside.
- Remove chips from oven and top with chicken, cheese and onions. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Add tomatoes avocado.
- Drizzle ranch dressing on top.
Alternate Method – 10 Minute Nachos
1 Red container of chopped rotisserie chicken (prep item)
2 corn tortillas – cut into wedges and baked until crispy
1 Red container of chopped tomatoes and lettuce (prep items)
Sauteed onion (prep item)
2T mexican style hot sauce – I use Cholula
1/4 to 1/2 diced avocado – Depends on size. Enough to fill 1 Blue container.
1-2T of 0% plain greek yogurt
- While tortilla chips are baking, coat your chicken in hot sauce and microwave until hot.
- Once chips are done, top with chicken, onions, tomato, lettuce, avocado.
- For good measure add a dollop of greek yogurt and some extra hot sauce.