I am on a big breakfast for dinner kick lately! I could eat breakfast any time of day. How about you?? Check out this healthy and delicious twist on stuffed french toast!
Stuffed French Toast – 21 Day Fix approved!
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract (1 for french toast + 1 for ricotta mixture)
2 slices whole wheat bread
1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
2 tsp honey or agave
4 strawberries, sliced
Pure maple syrup
Coconut oil spray
Triple Berry Crisp
2 cups of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
½ cup of uncooked rolled oats
4 tsp. pure maple syrup
Dash of cinnamon, pink sea salt, and vanilla extract
Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a small oven-safe dish with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Wash berries and place in the bottom of your dish.
- Mix oats and remaining ingredients until combined.
- Spread on top of the berries and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it come to room temp before serving.
Note: You could also add chopped nuts to the oat mixture for a Blue container!! Top with some plain greek yogurt for a little protein!
Before I give you this recipe, I’d just like to tell you that I thought the whole cold oatmeal yogurt thing sounded extremely off-putting. They have grown in popularity and I seem to see them pop up on pinterest every time I log on. I decided to try a recipe so I could finally give them a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Well…. I’m sorry, Overnight Oats… I’m so sorry I judged you! You are more delicious than I ever imagined!
1 Blue container UNCOOKED rolled oats
1 Blue container unsweetened almond milk
1 Red container plain 0% greek yogurt
1/2 Purple container frozen berries of your choice! I’m partial to blueberries or raspberries.
1 tsp honey
- In a container (Mason jars work well) add your dry oats and almond milk. Stir.
- Top with greek yogurt, honey, and berries.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold. Stir before eating!