Are you working hard to make Clean Eating a habit but struggling with snack ideas? Don’t worry! I got you! Here are some healthy and satisfying snack ideas that won’t derail your progress!
New here? I also have the following resources to help you on your health and fitness journey!
- Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Meal Prep
- Healthy Recipes
- Clean Eating For Beginners
- FREE 5-Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
Snack time is often when many people slip up in their Clean Eating plan. But, not you. With this guide you’ll be prepared at snack time! If you’re following a specific plan, you’ll want to make sure that your snacks are included in your daily calorie intake / food group allowance. This list is just a few suggestions to get you started!
Craving Something Sweet? Grab one of these!
- Non-fat Greek yogurt with berries and a drizzle of honey
- Sliced apple with almond butter
- Fruit smoothie (add some spinach for extra nutrients!)
- Handful of frozen grapes
- Sliced banana with almond butter wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla (Bonus, heat it quesadilla style for an extra awesome snack!)
- Fresh, sliced peaches
- 2 clementines or 1 naval orange
- Sliced strawberries with a small handful of dark chocolate chips
Craving Something Salty? Opt for one of these – in moderation!
- A handful of lightly salted nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts, pistachios, walnuts, etc)
- 10 green olives
- Pickle slices
- 1-2 cups of air-popped popcorn with a teeny bit of sea salt
- 1 slice of whole grain toast topped with mashed avocado and a sprinkle of sea salt
Craving Something Crunchy? Munch on these foods!
- Celery sticks with peanut butter
- Carrots with hummus
- Sliced cucumbers
- Roasted chickpeas
- 1 serving of shredded wheat crackers (ie Triscuits)
- Any type of nuts (easy on the salted varieties!)
- Load up a salad with your favorite veggies. Opt for a small amount of an olive oil or vinegar-based dressing.
Need Something To Hold You Over? These will keep you full between meals!
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- Low sodium lunch meat slices
- Non-fat Greek yogurt with a swirl of almond butter and honey
- Chopped rotisserie chicken
- No-mayo tuna salad served on sliced cucumbers or lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal with sliced strawberries and a drizzle of honey
I hope these tasty suggestions help to keep you on track and feeling satisfied! Do you have a favorite healthy snack? Drop it in the comments below!