Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
1 small head of cauliflower
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup mixed frozen peas & carrots
1 lb of peeled shrimp
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp evoo
2 whole eggs, beaten
1/8 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or Braggs aminos)
black pepper to taste
- Roughly chop cauliflower. Pulse in food processor until it resembles rice. You can also use a cheese grater and do it by hand.
- In a skillet, heat evoo and cook shrimp until opaque. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onion, garlic, peas and carrots and cook until onions are soft.
- When veggies are cooked through, stir in cauliflower and move the mixture to one side of the pan.
- Add eggs to empty side of pan and scramble. Once eggs are cooked, stir the two sides of the pan together.
- Add soy sauce and pepper.
- Add shrimp. Stir to combine.
- Stuff your face with this guilt-free alternative to fried rice!
Green onions work well in this too!
Top with sesame seeds for an added flavor.