I won’t be posting daily meals this week because I plan to use up the ingredients I have left and eat leftovers this week. So, I’ll spare you the boring photos. If I decide to try any new recipes or have a really awesome day, I’ll post it.
This week is the start of my Doubles challenge with my accountability partner! We tweaked the schedule a teeny bit to fit into our goals a little better.
Here it is… I’m a little worried about Tuesday and Friday!!!
Wish me luck!!!
Italian Turkey Meatballs
1 pkg. extra lean ground turkey
1 egg white, whisked
3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
¼ cup organic marinara sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. pink sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix really well with your hands.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Mixture is too wet to form balls right away.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into 1 inch balls.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Cook a few meatballs at a time being careful not to crowd pan.
Suggestions: Serve over baked spaghetti squash with organic marinara and a sprinkle of cheese! Yumm-o!
6 Meatballs per serving | Serves 4
Before I give you this recipe, I’d just like to tell you that I thought the whole cold oatmeal yogurt thing sounded extremely off-putting. They have grown in popularity and I seem to see them pop up on pinterest every time I log on. I decided to try a recipe so I could finally give them a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Well…. I’m sorry, Overnight Oats… I’m so sorry I judged you! You are more delicious than I ever imagined!
1 Blue container UNCOOKED rolled oats
1 Blue container unsweetened almond milk
1 Red container plain 0% greek yogurt
1/2 Purple container frozen berries of your choice! I’m partial to blueberries or raspberries.
1 tsp honey
- In a container (Mason jars work well) add your dry oats and almond milk. Stir.
- Top with greek yogurt, honey, and berries.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold. Stir before eating!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos – 21 Day Fix Style!
1 Red container chopped chicken breast
1 Green container sauteed onions & chopped tomatoes
2 Corn tortillas cut into wedges and baked until crispy
1/4 Blue container shredded pepperjack cheese
3/4 Blue container diced avocado – I used about 1/4 of a small avocado
2T hot sauce
Drizzle of “Ranch” dressing (Greek yogurt mixed with ranch spices – I used this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut tortillas into wedges. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Spritz a little bit of coconut oil into a pan and sautee the onions until completely cooked through.
- Coat chicken in hot sauce.
- Dice tomatoes and avocado, set aside.
- Remove chips from oven and top with chicken, cheese and onions. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Add tomatoes avocado.
- Drizzle ranch dressing on top.
Alternate Method – 10 Minute Nachos
1 Red container of chopped rotisserie chicken (prep item)
2 corn tortillas – cut into wedges and baked until crispy
1 Red container of chopped tomatoes and lettuce (prep items)
Sauteed onion (prep item)
2T mexican style hot sauce – I use Cholula
1/4 to 1/2 diced avocado – Depends on size. Enough to fill 1 Blue container.
1-2T of 0% plain greek yogurt
- While tortilla chips are baking, coat your chicken in hot sauce and microwave until hot.
- Once chips are done, top with chicken, onions, tomato, lettuce, avocado.
- For good measure add a dollop of greek yogurt and some extra hot sauce.